Tuesday, December 29, 2009

mommy blogger?

there's been a lot of talk about mommy bloggers on the net these past few days. people are compiling lists of best mom blogs and looking for new break out stars for 2010. i don't think i fit into the category of a mommy blogger. yes, i do have kids and one is still young enough to call me momma, but i don't think my infrequent entries solely revolve around being a mom. they revolve around being a person.

i'm a highly efficient executive assistant who keeps several SVPs dancing in perfect corporate step. does the fact that i pick up dirty spiderman underwear off the bathroom floor trump the fact that in the afternoon i orchestrate multi-tiered video conferences over several time zones? no, but if the truth be told, i would much rather be a stay at home mom and focus all my energies on my kids. home and family have so much more value to me. hard work is just a way to support my family.

so call me a mommy blogger if you want. i guess it's more of a compliment than i thought.

3 comments:

Michael K. Althouse said...

Okay, Mommy Blogger!

It is a compliment and being a dedicated mom (or dad) is possibly the noblest of professions... and the pay? Priceless!

I agree with your premise about blogging, however. I blog about being a person as well. There are times when that involves parental topics, but isn't it the ultimate goal of being a parent to raise children into full-fledged persons? If all I do is instill the proper virtues in my boys, then I have done a good job.

And I believe you are doing a good job - Mommy Blogger!

I hope your Christmas was joyous and you New Year brings you all the happiness you deserve.

Mike

mckay said...

thanks, mike, for the comment and kind words. it's been so long since i've blogged i've almost forgotten how. perhaps 2010 will be the year where i reconnect with my big bad bloggy self.

Happy New Year, my friend.
mck.

Megan : Velveteen Mind said...

I'm thrilled to see that you could use my "mommy blogger" original photo above.

Would you mind crediting the original source, please?

http://www.velveteenmind.com/velveteenmind/2008/04/mommybloggers-b.html

Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions.